Why Conversion Rate Optimization Is Key for Business Growth
When marketers want to get more out of their budget, the best solution is to start by seriously focusing on Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO).
CRO is about making sure you’re optimizing every component of your digital marketing efforts. There are plenty of ways to increase revenue by improving your website and the online processes you already have in place.
By auditing and then testing options for improvements, you can achieve maximum impact with your spending on digital marketing. For example, your forms and landing pages could be hurting your conversion rate without you even realizing it. Optimizing them will help you greatly in the long run.
Determine What a Conversion
Means for You
Conversion Rate Optimization Overview
Before you do anything else, you have to audit the stages of your marketing funnel. When you collect data about what is happening at every stage in your marketing and sales process, you can determine the improvements that need to be implemented.
The last thing you want to do is waste energy on A/B tests that aren’t even helping you figure out the best changes to make. At all times, you want to set yourself up for success to learn something that will boost your ROI.
CRO: Next Steps
Google gives free access to this funnel-building tool on the Google Marketing Platform,and its visual element allows you to easily identify where you’re losing users before they follow through with a purchase (or some other type of conversion).
Let’s say you’re an ecommerce store. If you’re looking at your funnel and identify that a large percentage of users are not ending up on your landing page, it probably indicates that your form needs to be re-designed or needs to ask for less information.
On the other hand, if a substantial percentage of users get all the way to your checkout and then abandon their carts, you could have an issue with your checkout process or have a pricing problem.
Why CRO is Important for Your Forms and Landing Pages
Even if your content goes viral, if your forms and landing pages associated with that content are not optimized, you could miss out on a substantial number of conversions.
CRO For Forms
1) Decrease the number of form fields whenever possible. A lot of people impulsively want to sign up, but then get annoyed or discouraged when there are too many required fields . If you could narrow down your form to just ask for Name and Email, you might be surprised by the positive impact it could have on your form submissions.
2) Another way to optimize your forms is to improve the copy. If your form prompts users in a clear, concise way, and in a tone that is consistent with your brand, there is a better chance they will fill it out. If a form seems off somehow, any user will avoid completing it.
3) Design is another key factor. A certain field layout or accompanying graphic could catch a user’s eye more than another format. If something as simple as tweaking the looks of your form could make a positive impact, it’s definitely worth doing.
CRO For Landing Pages
1) Create personalized landing pages and forms that update based on user interactions. Optimizing your landing pages to increase conversions is about creating an awesome user experience and making people want to convert.
2) Test out different forms on your landing pages to make sure you are maximizing form submission. Conversion rate optimization is all about running A/B tests and figuring out what needs to change to yield better results.
3) Improve your headlines, your calls to action (CTAs), and the length and style of your copy on your landing page. If you want someone to sign up for your service from your landing page, the way the CTA button stands out and the language of the button determines whether or not users decide to click.
For example, the CTA button below is super simple but accomplishes exactly what it should accomplish. It’s important to find the happy medium between a communication style that is concise and one that is clear, thorough and detailed.
Wrapping It Up…
At Chainlink, our team of CRO experts will ensure that your website and digital marketing processes associated with it run as smoothly as possible. When you have professional help to identify and fix leaks in your marketing and sales funnels, you can use your budget more wisely.
Also, our Chainlink Marketing Platform offers tools such as our Landing Page and Form Builders that allow you to create and easily test multiple versions. All of the responses you receive are then stored within the Chainlink Data Warehouse, and you can create automated outbound drip messaging programs that are triggered by different customer engagements.
Reach out to us below to learn more about what we can do for you. Also, don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter for more exclusive tips and strategies.
Sign Up for the Chainlink Weekly Newsletter
More SEO Insights from Chainlink Marketing
This blog article will help you gain a better understanding of how to make sure your content is as “linkable” as possible to improve your SEO efforts.read more