As digital marketing experts, we take search engine optimization (SEO) seriously. Relaunching our own site gave us the chance to ensure our own SEO efforts are on track. Having a content rich website and active blog is great, but it’s often not enough to really stand out.
We also had the chance to take a look at our content with fresh eyes. When you regularly write blog posts, it might be easy to overlook certain flaws in your writing style, overall strategy and design. Whenever you relaunch a website, it’s the perfect opportunity to correct any issues that you’ve had with your technical SEO and perform a content audit.
Here are some tips to remember when relaunching (and especially if you’re launching for the first time):
1) Use Google Analytics/Webmaster Tools to Your Advantage
You can use it to monitor the effectiveness of your relaunch by looking at data changes such as:
- Average number of weekly visits
- Average number of page views
- Number of new posts/pages/content pieces produced per month
- Number of target contacts that you’ve reached
- Social media metrics
Set target goals and expectations related to your KPIs:
- If you don’t set these goals and targets right off the bat, it’s practically impossible to know accurately if you’re not meeting or beating your expectations.
- Every 3-6 months, you should re-evaluate these and create new goals, possibly adding new metrics if you’ve taken new approaches.
- Each of these should have 3, 6 and 12 month targets. Don’t be too ambitious or no one will take you seriously. At the same time, don’t cut yourself short.
2) Whenever you relaunch a site look out for technical SEO issues.
Make sure someone on your team knows what to look for to correct these issues.
It’s always a good idea to run a crawl test after the relaunch of your site. You can use a free (or paid-for) crawl tool to ensure your site’s accessibility. At the end of the day, you want to guarantee that your site visitors (and search engine bots) can reach and read your web pages.
3) Be sure to blast out to your email contacts the news of your relaunch.
Open up the conversation with your contacts to get their feedback. Do they find your revamped website easier to navigate and more aesthetically pleasing? If not, why?
The only way to really learn whether or not you’ve improved user experience is to ask. Naturally, a new interface will take some getting used to for most people (but if it’s ultimately for a better user experience, then they’ll appreciate it). Make sure your website redesign efforts were worth it.
To Wrap It Up…
When you’re up-to-date on the most important digital marketing trends and tips, it’s a game changer for your business. You can make more informed decisions about your strategy and ensure your marketing dollars make the greatest impact. Most importantly, you can grow your business.
Reach out to us below to learn more about how we can help your business grow online. We’d love to give you a free consultation.
Also, don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter for more exclusive tips and strategies that are both effective and easy to follow.
Sign Up for the Chainlink Weekly Newsletter
More SEO Insights from Chainlink Marketing
Learn how to maximize content visibility and performance by reading our insights on incorporating paid promotion into your content marketing efforts.